Sunday, April 27, 2014

Spark Student Motivation Saturdays


I'm a day late...but I'm still linking up with Joanne from Head Over Heels for Teaching for Spark Student Motivation Saturdays! (Sunday...oops!)

Today is all about my FAVORITE FREE IPAD GAME! It's educational and awesome. And it's called...FRACTION KITCHEN!

Now, my school has an iPad cart with 25 iPads, so I requested this game be put on each iPad for when I borrow the cart. I also have a few iPod Touches in my classroom, so I put this game on those as well.The kiddos will literally do ANYTHING to play Fraction Kitchen. Motivating, right?

This game is cool because the kids select which meal they would like to make. They slice fruits and veggies and place a certain fraction in tupperware. They need to crack a fraction of a dozen eggs. They need to convert times when using the microwave. Lots of fractions and math! It's so much fun!

One warning: Sometimes it's hard. This is not a September in fourth grade game. I introduce it in January, when we've dipped our feet in the fraction pool a bit.






No comments:

Post a Comment