Friday, April 25, 2014

Five For Friday Linky Party


I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching this week for Five For Friday!



A fellow teacher filled me in on the sweet new website, Flipquiz. Basically, it's a free website, just register, and you can create jeopardy style games, and save them to the website. It's easy! It takes just a few minutes to create a game. I've played as a review game, and the only thing we have to do is keep score off to the side. Which is fine.




I feel a bit slow this year, but we're just wrapping up the American Revolution. I decided to let the kiddos play Mission US after taking the American Revolution quiz. Our school is lucky because we have iPad carts, so everyone can play at once. Here are some other American Revolution activities we've utilized throughout our unit (The Letters to King George III were hysterical!):


I just love Mr. Nussbaum's website! I usually let me kiddos play the math games, and they are really awesome! They're standards based, and organized by grade level, color coded. Check them out! (I love Sal's Sub Shop and Teacher Dodgeball, personally!)




This is a total flashback, but after playing Mission US, but kiddos asked for a review of Vikings. Not really. They just love the game VikingQuest that we played at the end of our Explorers unit, so we had a little flashback for the last 10 minutes of class. Click the link below and check it out!


Remind101 is a great website that I've been using for the past two years to communicate with families. It's cool because parents sign up if they would like, and it's free for me. I usually get about 2/3 of my class to sign up. Then, I can go onto the website and send out messages. Usually, parents opt for text messaging, but some of them request my messages to be sent via email, which works, too! Sign up for next year!



3 comments:

  1. Hi Meg! Great technology tips! I am going to check out Mr. Nussbaum's site, and I really want to start using Remind101 next year. I am also a 4th grade teacher in my sixth year of teaching, but I'm in Houston. Glad I found you on the 5 for Friday linky!

    Rebecca
    Ladybugs Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, we had our Writing test at the beginning of April. It was 2 days, 4 hours each day. Then we just had our Reading and Math tests. They are each one day, 4 hours each day. But some of my students get extra time accommodations and took all day until 3 o'clock to finish. That was our state testing, but my school also has us do a national-normed test. I think we're administering it in a couple weeks, and it usually takes a couple hours each day for 4 days. It covers every subject, including Science and Social Studies. Whew! Testing is out of control!

    Rebecca
    Ladybugs Lounge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! I had no idea! From your blog, it sounded less intense than our testing...definitely not the case! GOOD LUCK!!!

      Delete