Friday, April 18, 2014

Five For Friday Linky Party!

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching this week for Five For Friday!



I've been on vacation all week and I am SUPER proud of how productive I've been! I wrote up 7 novel studies for my guided reading groups for after Spring Break (and to put on Teachers Pay Teachers), painted my new front door, painted the kitchen, had the handy man over to do some work, got a new dishwasher installed, ordered the rest of the new kitchen appliances, AND I ACTUALLY WENT GROCERY SHOPPING! (That last one is pretty huge for me. I usually have an empty fridge. Not cool.)


I got to spend a lot of time over Spring Break with my puppy! 
(Yes, I torture her with adorable costumes all in the name of a good picture.)




I got a blog make over by Christi Fultz and I am loving it! SO CUTE!
If you're looking for a redesign, I would definitely recommend her!




I planned my vocabulary units for the next few weeks using the awesome website Flocabulary. I pay for a yearly subscription because the kiddos love it. There's nothing like seeing them bop along with the music while learning! But you can also access oodles of freebies, like the weekly rap of current events!




I checked in on my kiddos and their progress on Sumdog. If you don't already use this website in your classroom, you should check it out. It's free! Teachers registers their students. Kids receive logins and passwords. As the students play, the teacher can check in on their progress, as well as receiving weekly updates via email. Oh yea, and as kids play games and answer math questions, the website adjusts, and makes questions easier or harder.




5 comments:

  1. Love the color scheme and look of your blog! It's definitely cute! I must say, sometimes the canines have to take one for the team in the name of a good photo! The glasses really are a nice touch :)

    I'm glad I found your blog,
    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! Christi Fultz did an AMAZING job on the blog redesign! I am lovin' it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids love flocabulary too! Glad to be your newest follower. :)

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You accomplished so much!! I feel like I haven't accomplished anything this week... And SUPER cute blog design!

    Heather
    The Land of I Can

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Christi Fultz redesigned the blog for me and I love it! My classroom theme is polka dots, so it's pretty much perfect!
    -Meg

    ReplyDelete