Thursday, April 17, 2014

Positive Thinking Thursday



I am linking up with Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for Positive Thinking Thursday. I love this idea! Jennifer shares a positive thought with the staff at her school each week, and it is just really motivational! Sometimes it's easy for teachers a get a bit cynical, and fall into a nasty routine of complaints...oh, come on, we're all guilty of it! But this is a nice way to brighten your day! So, here is my positive thinking...

So many things are possible,
just as long as you don't know
they're impossible.
- The Phantom Tollbooth

The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster is one of my favorite books. In fourth grade it is a bit too long and tricky to attempt as a read aloud, but it has served my highest students well during literature circles the past few years. And I just think this quote is pretty awesome. It's even my signature for my school email!

6 comments:

  1. I love this one! I need to print this out and to hang on the wall! Thanks for sharing!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love The Phantom Tollbooth! And thank you for being my first comment! :)

      Delete
  2. I felt that the teachers' lounge was the perfect place to put the weekly positive thought! ;)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Your school is very lucky to have such a cheerful and optimistic person in district!
      -Meg

      Delete