Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday Made It Linky Party

I'm linking up with Tara from Fourth Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!



Birthday Pencils
I made this in the beginning of the year, but as I was looking around my classroom today I realized just how awesome it really it! I just got a cheap flower pot, styrofoam, and pencils. After sharpening the pencils, I taped a happy birthday print out to the top and stuck the pencils into the styrofoam. This is a timesaver because when kids from other classes come visiting with birthday treats, I quickly hand them a birthday pencil!

Over Spring Break I made TONS of novel studies for my classroom. I focused on Roald Dahl(Magic Finger, James and the Giant Peach, The Twits, and Esio Trot) books and Andrew Clements (Lunch Money, Frindle, The Report Card, and No Talking), to build up my database of novel studies! Novel studies with questions for each chapter help kiddos learn how to provide evidence from the text while responding in writing to short response questions. Check out the novel studies on TeachersPayTeachers by clicking on the pictures above.


Oh yea, I also tuckered out Lucy by running her all over on this GORGEOUS day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment