Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday made It Linky Party


I'm linking up with Tara from Fourth Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!

This is a throwback made it, if that's okay. 

Since I use the Daily Five in my fabulous fourth grade classroom, I knew I needed a meeting area, a few years back. I saw some impressive pinterest crafty ideas, and I was fairly certain that I didn't have the skills to pull them off, but I figured I would try anyway!

So, I went to IKEA and bought two sturdy white, vertical, bookshelves. I built them and flipped the on their sides, horizontally. They were 50 bucks a piece and totally worth it.

Next, I took a 20% off coupon and headed over to JoAnn's for fabric and foam cushions.I used a spray adhesive and hot glue to get the fabric to stay on the foam. Since the fabric cushions slid around, I hot glue them down to the bench. I can peel them up if I want, but kiddos don't slide all over on the bench this way.

I had also picked up some $1 pillows at IKEA! The polka dot theme continues!

Anyway, I decided to use the compartments underneath to organize part of my math center games, so I bought some dollar store bins, decorated them with printable math labels, and VOILA! Meeting area/math center organizer! I love it!



I use my meeting area every day, several times a day for class meetings, read alouds, or discussions. I'm not sure how I would survive without it!


No comments:

Post a Comment