Saturday, January 18, 2014

Thank you, IKEA!

IKEA is like another world. I could just spend an eternity browsing that mega store! And eating their dollar hot dogs. Anyway, it saved my classroom a few years ago!

I bought these vertical bookshelves from IKEA in white, and then….I turned them on their sides. I put two together in an L shape, placed an adorbs seat cushion on them and VOILA! Meeting area.
(Plus a teacher chair, easel, and comfy rug, duh.)

A meeting area is totes necessary in any classroom, from first grade to fourth grade and beyond! We use ours for read alouds, class meetings, and various discussions. When we’re not meeting in the meeting area, kiddos hang out in there and get work done! Awesomesauce.

BTW it is just cutesy and homey and comfy. Kiddos can’t learn if they’re uncomfortable, fidgety, and always on the floor!


No comments:

Post a Comment