Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tried It Tuesday

Let's have a great day and link up with Fourth Grade Flipper for Tried It Tuesday!


We're reviewing for the fourth grade New York State Science assessment! We have a written exam on June 2, and kids will participate in experiments as part of the assessment near the end of May. I found a list of like 47 vocabulary words frequently seen on the state science test, so we're using those words to make posters. Kids write the word, definition, and draw a picture to help them remember the meaning. We incorporated this activity into our Daily Five time, and it is another word work option for students while I'm pulling my guided reading groups.

Check out the examples below.
(P.S. I included the quote I have on the wall outside of my classroom. It took forever to punch out all of those letters and arrange them on the wall, but I just love this quote!)












Happy Tuesday!
What have YOU tried?

3 comments:

  1. I am LOVING your quote and your posters! I always enjoy doing science vocabulary posters or news paper type activities with the kids. They seem to get a lot out of it.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, the kids really remember the words when they create and share these posters. And now that the year is winding down, they really appreciate laid back word work activities like this during the Daily Five!

      Delete
  2. I just love the quote you have up and stopped and read it three times for myself.:) Those posters for vocabulary are great! We are gearing up for the science test too (although I don't teach science). Thanks for linking up!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete