Sunday, May 4, 2014

A Peek At My Week


Today I'm linking up with Jennifer from Mrs. Laffin's Laughingsfor "A Peek at my Week."

ELA and Math state testing is OVER!!! 
Now we can relax and have some fun with learning!

Well, kinda over. On Tuesday this week I have to be trained...to train other teachers to score the NYS Math test. 

And then, on Friday, I get to train other teachers and score the state test. But after that, it will mostly be over! 

...until the state Science test in June.

Which is why I worked hard this week to create morning work focused on reviewing concepts for the Science test. Crossword puzzles, mini books, and recycled test questions to work on while settling in each morning.

Oh, on Thursday this week my school is giving fourth grade a "Module Day." Basically, we are given time out of the classroom, as a team, to work on lessons aligned with the modules presented by EngageNY. Should be a productive day! How are other people using the modules? We adapt. So, we take what we want. (More from math than from ELA.)

Ooooh...and...even though STATE testing is basically over...I have to do benchmark testing this week! We'll be retesting the student text levels. My school uses text levels as part of our APPR...it's the local measure. I need to show a year's growth in Reading for each student. What local measures are other schools using?

OH MY! I almost forgot! I signed up to score another school district's state science test because it is part of their local measure for APPR. I did it last year and it was AWESOME. A bunch of teachers sat around scoring the science test. The school district provided dinner each night for three night and we were chowing down on DELICIOUS FOOD. Seriously, I am NOT a cook, so any time someone else provides a meal for me I am forever in their debt. Wegman's subs, chocolate chip cookies, pasta, salads, breads, OH MY! I'm pretty excited for those days!!!

2 comments:

  1. It seems like you have a lot of testing going on! We have our state test in the fall, but MAP test three times a year. Seriously, I don't remember doing this much testing when I was a kid and I turned out OK. I hope your week is productive!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, our fourth graders are hit pretty hard with testing. Three days of ELA, three days of Math, and two days of Science. It's stressful for a group of ten year olds, but after the ELA and Math tests they are looking forward to the science test because of the experiment day!

      Delete