Saturday, May 17, 2014

Spark Student Motivation Saturday: Plickers

I'm linking up on this relaxing Saturday with Joanne over at Head Over Heels For Teaching. You know what that means...Spark Student Motivation Saturday!


This is a sweet idea that one of my colleagues found online that I've been fiddling with all morning! A neat way to quickly assess students through the use of multiple choice questions...


So, here's how this free site works. Sign up FOR FREE using an email address. Create a class and add your students. Print the cards. (Each kids receives their own card, and the cards look kooky...but by turning the cards, they create A, B, C, or D answers) The teacher downloads the plicker app to a phone or iPad. When asking questions, the teacher scans the room as kids hold up their individual cards. Immediately, the responses are graphed on the iPad! You can display the data and discuss or use it to drive instruction!


Kiddos hold up their individual cards. Directionality determines their answer choice.

Cards!

Immediate results!

This seems like an awesome way to motivate students and act as a GREAT formative assessment tools for teachers! I'm trying it this week!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks so neat. :) Thanks for sharing.
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! I'll blog updates as I experiment with this sweet tool!

      Delete
  2. What??!! I use the A, B, C, D, cards for a quick assessment, but to scan the room to get real data?? Amazing idea! Thanks so much for sharing-I will definitely have to use this!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to try them out, too! I'll post updates as I work them into my classroom routine this week!

      Delete