Friday, September 11, 2020

Let’s put the “tales” back in Tales and Teacherisms!

Here is a funny story from my third year teaching. 

So, it was the holiday party and kids are just listening to music, playing, enjoying each other’s company! I had a sweet group of kiddos that year who all simply adored each other so I was pretty relaxed, too. 

Then, my co-teacher says, “What is going on over there?”

I glance over to see a group forming. One of my smallest students was touching kids’ necks with something, leading to eruptions of giggles. Hmm. Suspect. 

When I ventured over, I asked to see the toy. The boy plops a real life vibrator in my hand. Yes, a vibrator. 

Luckily it didn’t LOOK like a body part, but every adult in the room gasped. We knew. I took it. Of course.  And put it in his backpack at the end of the day. A quick email to mom explaining that this boy had something of hers and I placed it in his backpack was never answered. Which was fine. 

And that was the tale of the fourth grade vibrator. Apparently it was great fun for all at the holiday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment