Saturday, September 12, 2020

Classroom Management and Google Tip of the Day

Hi everyone!

Here's a quick little tip to start your Saturday. I always number my students. Number your students! For SO MANY REASONS. 

First of all, confidentiality. I can take anecdotal notes on student number 4 without everyone in the school knowing who that is. 

Also, I don't need to relabel things in my classroom every single year - there are some things that are numbered and just stay. Next, the teacher is number 1. 

When I set up programs or sign up for things online, I am student number 1, and I can experience everything as a student. 

When we line up for fire drills, we are in numbered order to make it simple for the teacher (or substitute) to determine if we are missing anyone. Just yell, "One!" and everyone else starts yelling their numbers in order. 

Finally, in Google Slides, if I give kids an assignment, slide 1 is the directions, and the students can each work on their numbered slide. It makes life easy!

Just another tip to make life easier for us teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment