Friday, September 4, 2020

Allow me to reintroduce myself...

Hi everyone!

I have taken a little break from blogging. Now I am back! I actually have been pretty darn busy these past few years. I had a baby who is now two years old, Violet. Then I had another baby in July 2020, Braxton. Life is a whirlwind, but I wanted to get back to blogging - It's fun and it helps me connect with other teachers and moms. 

Speaking of which, my teaching life has changed, too! I am still working at the same school, but I am now an instructional coach. I work with grades 2-6 on a daily basis, helping transform their teaching. It is SO different from being a general education classroom teacher, but really rewarding, too. Before I felt like I made a huge positive impact on my class of 20 students. Now I feel like my impact can extend even further through the teachers I work with. So, less kiddos are running up to hug me, but these days I'm okay with that. I don't know if it is my forever job, but I love working with teachers, creating curriculum, and being part of the decision-making process for how our school runs. But I will never be administration. Noway. Not me. 

A peek into our lives recently:








Welcome back!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Meg! I love connecting with other moms and other teachers, too. This is my 23rd year of teaching. My friend/colleague came in and coached me as I implemented readers workshop last year and it was such a great experience. Your children are LOVELY. Congrats on your new little one.
    Jan, 3rd grade teacher, Connecticut
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! 23 years, wow - congratulations! Have a wonderful school year!

      Delete