Sunday, February 6, 2022

Beebots! A great introduction to CODING!



Have you used Beebots?

SO ENGAGING!

It's the perfect introduction to coding! And for real, I have used them with my FOURTH GRADE STUDENTS and my TODDLERS. They are literally fun for everyone!

With my fourth grade intervention group, we are working on sight words, so I made a sight word mat. I had a grid and used boxes with a sight word in each box. Next I had a deck of cards with the sight words. Kids pulled a card, read the sight word, found it on the mat, and then programmed the bee to arrive at that sight word. If they arrived at the correct sight word successfully, they kept the card. Whoever had the most cards at the end won!

With my toddlers, we're just at the playing around with coding stage of Beebots. On top of the bee, there are arrows. Kids press the arrows to direct the bee. Will he go forward, turn, go backwards? Once they put a whole sequence into the bee, they hit GO and the bee follows the code!







No comments:

Post a Comment