Friday, February 5, 2016

Five for Friday

Here I am, and I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching this week for Five For Friday!  






Gallery Walks
I'm loving a good gallery walk this year!
The one above is a culminating activity from our Immigration unit. It's in the second grade CCLS ELA domains.

Each child had Post Its and went through the pictures. They wrote down facts that they remembered from our unit and their thoughts on the pictures. (I did have the Smart Board on with a cheat sheet of helpful vocabulary words for my little second graders!)

Next up, I think that I will try this as an INTRODUCTION for an upcoming unit. Activate a little schema and get the kiddos thinking and EXCITED about what's coming next!






I ordered some fun new necklaces from SocksBean.com!
I'll be giving a couple away to my sisters for birthday gifts, but I'm thinking that I'll keep that last one for myself! 
SUPER CUTE!

And I used a sweet 20% off code from Schroeder Shenanigans in 2nd!

(And yes, those are Lucy's feet in the picture. She loves being a part of a blog photo.)



Modern Family.
I've just been really into this show recently. :)


NEW FLAIR PENS!!!
This is an exciting day.
I like to use Flair pens when I'm writing greeting cards for my kiddos. I try to write each child a personalized greeting card and put it in their mailbox a few times a month, and Flair pens are perfect for that!

Plus, they are great for writing little desk top reminders on Post Its for my second grade cuties.


Lucy is always a fun way to end a Five for Friday!
Frolicking outside in her pajamas.



No comments:

Post a Comment