Saturday, January 23, 2016

Spark Student Motivation Saturdays

Meg here, linking up with Joanne from Head Over Heels for Teaching, for Spark Student Motivation Saturday!



I set up a new writing station using this gem from Mel D-Seusstastic.

We do SO MUCH nonfiction writing, and the kiddos in second grade needed some help with their creative writing game. These organizers and templates help the kiddos jump right into writing.

....Instead of "thinking" about what to write for 20 minutes. :)

I'm really liking the set up, too! I used file folders stapled on the bulletin board as pockets. The colors go with my classroom color scheme and it's easy access for kiddos! I also put the example writing piece on the outside of the file folder so 1) the kids can see an example and 2) I know what to photocopy more of when they run out!

This has been a hit during Work on Writing time in Daily 5, so YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment