Friday, January 8, 2016

Five for Friday

It's been a while, but here I am, I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching this week for Five For Friday! 




I've spent a lot of my winter vacation setting up new home improvement goodies!



I got the NEST!!!
I immediately downloaded the app for my phone and I am CONSTANTLY pulling it up and changing the temperature in my house just because I can.

And a brand new ceiling fan! The old one was white, and kind of looked like it belonged in a little girl's bedroom. Plus, it blended right in with the ceiling. This one is better! :)
I did go into school a few days over this vacation. We're starting a new read aloud, a GORGEOUS pop-up version of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.  So, I did a teeny tiny mini yellow brick road in my classroom to get the kids excited about the new read aloud!

I printed off bright yellow paper and all different fonts saying, "Follow the yellow brick road." I then used some packing tape to tape them down to the floor, leading the kids from our doorway to our meeting area, where the new book is set up.
video
Obviously, I dressed my dog, Lucy, up in her holiday pajamas frequently over vacation. 

And yes, I woke her up to dress her up.
Um, hilarious, right?
I also wound up driving down to Long Island to spend the holidays with my family. It was such a whirlwind trip! Leaving right after school on December 23 to drive 7 hours from Rochester to Long Island...BUT I SURVIVED!
                                                

And now it's time to mentally prepare myself to head back to school! Here we go for the second half of the school year!




P.S. I'm having a 20% off EVERYTHING sale on TPT. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment