Friday, January 8, 2016

Five for Friday

It's been a while, but here I am, I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching this week for Five For Friday! 




I've spent a lot of my winter vacation setting up new home improvement goodies!



I got the NEST!!!
I immediately downloaded the app for my phone and I am CONSTANTLY pulling it up and changing the temperature in my house just because I can.

And a brand new ceiling fan! The old one was white, and kind of looked like it belonged in a little girl's bedroom. Plus, it blended right in with the ceiling. This one is better! :)
I did go into school a few days over this vacation. We're starting a new read aloud, a GORGEOUS pop-up version of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.  So, I did a teeny tiny mini yellow brick road in my classroom to get the kids excited about the new read aloud!

I printed off bright yellow paper and all different fonts saying, "Follow the yellow brick road." I then used some packing tape to tape them down to the floor, leading the kids from our doorway to our meeting area, where the new book is set up.
Obviously, I dressed my dog, Lucy, up in her holiday pajamas frequently over vacation. 

And yes, I woke her up to dress her up.
Um, hilarious, right?
I also wound up driving down to Long Island to spend the holidays with my family. It was such a whirlwind trip! Leaving right after school on December 23 to drive 7 hours from Rochester to Long Island...BUT I SURVIVED!
                                                

And now it's time to mentally prepare myself to head back to school! Here we go for the second half of the school year!




P.S. I'm having a 20% off EVERYTHING sale on TPT. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment