Sunday, February 22, 2015

Five for Friday

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching this week for Five For Friday! 




I spent way too much of my vacation watching Mad Men on Netflix. It's quite addicting!





I signed up for a half marathon in April and I'm not so sure how I feel about this. Our area in western New York has been covered in 3 feet of snow and hovering around zero degrees for many weeks...and there's no end in sight. Consequently, my training has been...not so good.


I dropped off my copying to be done by our secretary over vacation and when I popped in yesterday, everything was done! THREE copy boxes of guided reading books and math lessons to get me through to April break!!!

I planned out the next few weeks of guided reading and writing over this vacation! I found these cool multilevel books on ReadingAZ all about giant animals like elephants, komodo dragons, blue whales, and ostriches. The kids are going to read these books while taking notes on them. They will write a research report, a compare and contrast, and make a giant animals passport! Next, we will read Diary of a Worm and the kids will choose one giant animal to write from their perspective and create a Diary of that animal. It will be a few weeks of work and I am super psyched to not have to think about writing for a while! :)



Back to school tomorrow after a long and lovely February vacation!
I'm going to miss this little pupster, but she'll probably be thankful to have me out of the house so she can go back to her 12 hour long naps each day!



1 comment:

  1. I spend mine time off even more embarrassingly watching Gilmore Girls. Mad Men might be the next logical jump since Alexis Bledel is in both shows....

    Cheers,
    Mrs. Harris Teaches

    ReplyDelete