Friday, August 1, 2014

Five for Friday

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching this week for Five For Friday! 






I've decided that I'm going to start my first year teaching second grade with a Roald Dahl author study as a read aloud series! The Twits, Magic Finger, Matilda. I'm psyched!

I signed up for the Global Read Aloud! The Global Read Aloud starts in October. Basically, you're paired up with another class to video chat with about the books assigned. This year it's a Peter Reynolds author study, so it will be GREAT for second grade!

Click the link to find out more! I heard about it from a friend at school, and I really am glad that I did!

So, I'm trying SLANTBOX for the first time! Fellow blogger over at Lessons with Coffee sets it up each month. I was paired up with two teachers. One is Carrie who blogs on Follow First Grade  and Krisanna who recently started the blog Simply Secondary. After we get to know one another better, we'll send out packages that match the theme for the month, which is HOMETOWN LOVE! It should be a lot of fun!


I figured I'd join in the sale! I've been working TIRELESSLY on creating lessons, review activities, formative assessments, and games to go along with the eight second grade math modules. And I finally finished! So, everything is on sale!

Now, I have one month before school starts to get my ELA module lessons done. Yikes.

And there is my smarty pants dog. 
She jumped over the back seat and got stuck. 


No comments:

Post a Comment