Sunday, February 23, 2014

Another one bites the dust....

And another vacation comes to a close. NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding. Kinda. I'm not thrilled to begin 5 weeks of test prep, no days off, and an observation, but I suppose I'll manage. At least we got a week of relaxation before beginning the toughest time of the year. The weeks leading up to the DREADED state assessments.

My students don't know what's coming. I mean, we're going to be hardcore about learning how to read and write for the tests that are rapidly approaching. But, I also have a tradition for these few weeks before the big tests. Testing treats! Whenever our class does a practice test or extended response that most likely elicits groans from even the most ambitious students, I have a testing treat waiting at the end of the tunnel. May it be a Smartie with the note, "Every teacher wishes they had smarties like you in their class!" or a Starburst with the note, "Here's a BURST of energy to do a fantastic job!" It's fun and motivating!

Testing Treats and Other Cute Classroom Signs

Other Testing Treats

No comments:

Post a Comment