Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Gallery Walks!


One of the easiest ways to incorporate MOVEMENT into your day! A GALLERY WALK!

In the example above, I pulled photographs and pictures from our current ELA unit. I had kids walk along and write what they notice and wonder on sticky notes. It was a type of formative assessment because these were familiar pictures from texts we already read. Just me checking in to see what the kiddos were retaining/still thinking about.

Another option? A a pre-assessment! I could have used these same pictures BEFORE starting the unit to see what my students already know about the topic. It would guide my instruction for that unit.

How about yet another option? A super engaging culminating activity where kids can show what they know!

Any way you use a gallery walk, the kids will be MOVING, COLLABORATING, and ENGAGED!

By the way, I always have a number associated with each student in my class. They just put their number on the sticky note so I know for sure who wrote what. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment