Sunday, May 22, 2022

Just Reintroducing Myself, for Those Who Need it!



My name is Meagan!

Currently, I am a reading interventionist and instructional coach for grades 2-4. In the past I have taught fourth grade, second grade, third grade, looped from third to fourth, and was a reading teacher a long time ago, too! Yes, I have done it all. My school has provided me with a lot of opportunities to grow professionally, and I am grateful.

Isn't that funny? Before actually becoming a teacher, I thought I would find a grade level I loved and stick with it forever. Then, I started teaching. I moved schools a few times. I moved grade levels and classrooms a lot. And I realized that I actually LIKE change. I like switching things up because it makes me more flexible and a better teacher. I know the standards and expectations for every grade level because I realize how helpful that is. Funny.

Anyway, I also have two lovely children. They're small. Toddlers. They're the reason I left the classroom and went into coaching and being an interventionist. I thought I would have a different kind of workload, and I do. There are less parent needs from me - no more late night emails and text messages or mountains of grading and report cards. There are definitely different expectations. I feel like I answer to my administration more and that can be stressful. But I love my job and I feel like I can be successful at it while still being present at home with my children.

And who are you? :)



No comments:

Post a Comment