Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. What do/did you call your grandparents? If it's something unusual tell us the story behind the name. If you're a grandparent what do your grands call you? Who chose your moniker?

We called both sets of our grandparents Grandma and Grandpa. When talking about them to each other in my immediate family, we sometimes added their last names to differentiate who we were talking about.

2. Ever taken a road trip along the California Coast? If so what was the highlight of your trek? If not, any desire to do so? What's one tourist attraction along the coast you'd add to your must-see list?

Oh my goodness, taking a trip to San Francisco was one of my favorite family vacations! We flew out there from New York, explored San Francisco, and then rented a car to drive down the coast on route 1. My dad was freaking out because there are no guard rails on that road and the cliffs were SCARY. Some of the things we did included Muir Woods, Ghirardelli, Fishermen's Wharf, the cable car museum, a bus tour of San Francisco, seeing the painted ladies, Alcatraz, walking the Golden Gate Bridge, and visiting Hearst Castle. Probably tons more. We really packed a lot in!

3. What are three things you don't know how to do?

I don't know how to cook well. I also don't know how to crochet, although I have watched Youtube videos and attempted to learn. I also do not know another language.

4. Tom Peters is quoted as saying, 'Celebrate what you want to see more of.' If that's true, what and how will you celebrate?

I will celebrate positivity. It's easy to get sucked into the complaining!

5. Thursday (February 16) is National Almond Day. Do you like almonds? Which would you prefer-an Almond Joy or a macaron? What's something you make that calls for almonds?

I loooooove macarons! I could gobble up a ton of them! And I did at my sister's bridal shower.

I do not make anything that calls for almonds, but I enjoy them raw as a snack!
6. What does Saturday morning look like at your house?

I'm an early riser! I am up and out of bed early, and then I snuggle up on the couch with coffee and my adorable dog, Lucy. After that, I get some work done while my boyfriend sleeps in!

7. Share with us a favorite book you've read this winter.

I am currently reading  A Man Called Ove by Frederik Bachman for my teacher club. We do a book club meeting every April.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I am currently on February vacation and have an entire week off from school! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment