Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Made It

I'll be linking up with Tara at Fourth Grade Frolics. It's time for another Monday Made It!
                   
I've been knee deep in classroom preparation! I switched grade levels and classrooms last week. Here is my continued progress! Still not done...but I feel much better!
I will use the yellow $1 pocket charts from Target's dollar section for our daily schedule.

I'm using true whole brain teaching in my second grade class this year! I am so excited!

The pink circles have the whole brain teaching procedures.

My CRAFT board from Ladybug Teaching Files!

Our behavior management clip chart.


A few of the whole room...all the way in the back hanging high up are our theme charts from Beth Newingham! We will add book covers to the theme chart that each read aloud belongs to.

I hot glue my picture frames to the walls! It definitely looks homey and cozy. And hot glue pops right off!

My chill out station. Mind jars, ipod shuffles with classical music, and a cozy chair off to the side.

Our meeting area! Those seats are vertical bookshelves from IKEA turned on their sides!

The two nine square shelves were from Target years ago. I love that they are open!

I love having an easel in my meeting area.

I whiteboard painted my guided reading/math table!

VOICES from Ladybug Teacher files.

A view from the back of the room.

Part of the library.

More library!

I still need to finish labeling the book bins!

Writing center

MORE library.


Math center resources.

Listening Center. Since I'm switching from fourth to second, AND I received a Kindle Fire from DonorsChoose.org....I'm thinking about ditching the boombox and using the Kindle for downloaded books in this center.


Lucy came to help! She wasn't much help...


I used extra fabric to make faux curtains!

How am I doing? Any suggestions?


9 comments:

  1. WOW! Your room looks HUGE! Looks like you have been hard at work. I love everything I see so far! :)
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Actually, this classroom is about HALF the size of my old classroom...but I'm making it work! And figuring that second graders are smaller than fourth graders anyway!!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Allison...your room does look huge! I am loving the sideways shelves for your meeting area! This is one thing I kinda hate I miss out on being in middle school...there is no cozy rug and fun meeting space. It is coming along great!

    Bagby
    Get Your Science on in Room 701

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I got the sideways shelves idea from Pinterest, of course! IKEA had super cheap vertical shelves that I turned on their sides!

      Delete
  3. Wow - your classroom looks amazing - love the meeting area especially. I think my classroom is about a quarter of the size - very jealous!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I don't know what I would do without a meeting area...we spend more time as a class there than in our desks!

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I don't know what I would do without a meeting area...we spend more time there than in desks!

      Delete
  4. Wow looks great! I love all the shelving that you have, especially the IKEA ones that double as seating.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I bought a lot of the taller white shelves from Target over the years...they are just prettier than the shelves the school gave me!

      Delete