Sunday, April 3, 2022

Make Your Own Slime: The Easiest Recipe Ever!

I have always been afraid of slime.
As a teacher. As a parent. As a person.

Sure, it looks like a lot of fun, but using borax? It just didn't sound great. 
And the mess? Um, no, thank you.

Anyway, my little one wanted to use the Elmer's glitter glue I had laying around in our craft bin, so I googled some ways to use it and the easiest slime recipe ever came up. I thought, why not?

Here it is:
6 ounces Elmer's glitter glue
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
1 1/2 tablespoons contact lens solution
(You may need to add more contact lens solution if your slime turns out a bit sticky, like we did. We just added a little more and stirred until it was not...well...ooey and gooey and messy.)



This is right after mixing the ingredients. The moment when I was panicking because it was a huge mess. A few minutes later, as we mixed and kneaded and it was not becoming the mess-free slime I wanted, I brought my kiddo in the bathroom to wash her hands and hopefully forget this slime mess.


When we came back from the bathroom, with clean hands, the slime had been sitting for a few minutes and seemed less, goopy? So, I added a bit more contact lens solution and we got back in there mixing. It worked! It got to the point where we could play with it and just peel it off our fingers without a goopy mess!


The look of success!
And pretending to eat slime even though I asked her not to.

So, good luck, if you try it! It really is easy!





No comments:

Post a Comment