Friday, April 30, 2021

Counting to 10 and Recognizing Numerals


Pictured above is my sweet Violet. I test out a lot of teaching strategies on her. :)

A while back I used popsicle sticks and made her some number puzzles. She was totally not into them. Then I picked up basically the same thing from Really Good Stuff, and BOOM! She loves it. Yes, their popsicle stick puzzles are a little prettier, but basically the same thing. Just counting and recognizing the numbers from 0-10.

Anyway, just a quick PSA that I load up on Really Good Stuff goodies every single summer. Or winter. Basically anytime I get an email about an 80% off sale. Then I scour their website and get tons of class sets of cool journals, folders, file folder games, manipulatives, incentives, everything. I hoard them in my basement and pull them out when I need them. (I'd rather clutter up my basement than my classroom, of course!) But now that I have Violet, I am adding a few more goodies to my cart - anything for my two-year old. My husband tells me that we have enough teaching supplies and games to open a day care when Violet and Braxton are done with them. But they were all on sale!



No comments:

Post a Comment