Sunday, September 18, 2022

An important Reminder as the School Year Begins...




This was my classroom door a few years back. 

I love the message it sends my students. We're here for THEM. That means that they are important. It also means that we are all in this together - a student's job is to learn and a teacher's job is to provide opportunities for learning. We're really just guides to support students in discovering who they are meant to be.

One thing I struggled with early on is eliminating "guys" from my teaching vocabulary. I loves that I could use this door as my guide. I called the kids scientists during science. Readers during a read aloud. It makes sense - when you see a child as an author, they do, too!

So, as the year gets going, I know this is the tiring time. The time that you just want to get into the curriculum but also need to lay that solid foundation of rules, procedures, and routines. It's also a really nice time for you as the teacher to bond with your class and show them that they truly are your priority. Enjoy the getting to know you phase of the year. Sprinkle in some fun between practicing lining up! :)

Happy beginning of the school year to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment