Thursday, November 25, 2021

Writing portfolios - pizza style!




We have a new ELA curriculum this year - Collaborative Classroom. I love that it totally matches my educational teaching philosophy. 

One thing I can continue with this program is a writing portfolio for each student. Throughout the year, kids keep their favorite pieces in file folders. At the end of the year, each student goes through their collection of writing. They make a pizza menu divided by writing genres with their writing pieces listed. Then we take this perfect picture to print and glue to the pizza box that now holds all of the writing from this year. Voila!

I’ve had MANY parents go on and on years later about how much they love this project. It’s cute, easy, and cheap ( I get local pizza places to donate boxes - they love helping a poor teacher. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment